Law Office of Shannon DeWall, PLLC
Elder Care Coordinator
The Law Office of Shannon DeWall is an elder law and estate planning firm that is committed to helping seniors, veterans, and their spouses find, get, and pay for quality long-term care. We provide comprehensive and individualized services delivered with honesty, respect, and compassion. Our office serves clients throughout Michigan from our office in Livonia.
We are looking for a part-time Elder Care Coordinator. You must be motivated, have a keen attention to detail, and have a passion for working with seniors. This position requires working from home and local travel one to two days per week to meet with clients for assessments as well as meeting with management staff at care facilities to build and maintain positive relationships. Previous experience with nursing home, assisted living, or home care industries is required. This is a part-time position with the possibility of being a full-time position in the future. Training will be provided.
- Conducts psychosocial assessments of seniors and provide recommendations to meet care needs
- Prepares written report for use by attorney and client
- Serves as advocate and experienced elder care professional on the legal team
- Represents the law firm to facilities and healthcare community
- Facilitates caregiver support groups
- Gives community presentations
- Social Work or Nursing Degree, with emphasis in Geriatrics
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid
- Knowledge of local community resources
- Experience in long-term and/or acute care settings
Compensation commensurate with experience
To apply, please e-mail cover letter and CV to [email protected]